Monday, June 16, 2008

A Savior's Prayer



Our Relief Society Lesson on Sunday was about prayer. Through prayer we can communicate with our Father in Heaven our fears, dreams, desires, gratitude, and all that is nearest and dearest to us.

I was looking in the Book of Mormon today in 3 Nephi chapter 19, where the Savior visited the Nephites after he was resurrected. After he called and set apart 12 apostles to serve him on the American continent, he offered up a prayer to our shared Father in Heaven on their behalf. He prayed that they would have the Holy Ghost with them that all shall believe their words.

The next part of our Savior's prayer, I believe, was for us today as much as it was for the people then. It goes as follows:

23: "And now Father, I pray unto thee for them, and also for all those who shall believe of their words, that they may believe in me, that I may be in them, as thou, Father, art in me, that we may be one."

I find it so touching that not only did Jesus Christ sacrifice for us, but even after the Atonement had been completed, he prayed to our Father in Heaven that we may believe in Him- that his sacrifice might not be in vain. He prayed for us.

Above is a picture that hangs in my hall at my children's eye-level. It is a reminder to them, and to me, that prayer is powerful. Even the Savior prayed- for us.

I would love to hear any comments or stories you sisters might have regarding prayer.

1 comments:

emily :) said...

I love this reminder! It's a wonderful thought that Jesus Christ prayed for me. The picture you posted is a perfect illustration. Thank you :)